Most of us have speculated about how psychic we really are at some point in our lives. For starters, we are all psychic to some degree. Some like to call it intuition, “their sixth sense”, clairvoyance, gut feelings, and listening to their inner “small voice.” Below are four categories that I believe most people fall into regarding being psychic.
1. People sense that they are psychic but are unsure of what this means
2. A lot of individuals are very psychic and with refuse to acknowledge this fact or don’t care
3. Others, because of upbringing, religious teachings, and fear of ridicule, are afraid to admit publicly they are psychic
4. Many are fully aware they are very psychic and want to learn how to manage their abilities
Take a moment and think about the category you fall into at this very moment.
Just What Does Being Psychic Mean?
Psychic abilities involve a power of perception seemingly independent of our usual five senses of physical sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell. It is also called our sixth sense. Other words used to explain psychic abilities are intuition, second sight, clairvoyance, prophecy, and telepathy.
Being psychic or having psychic abilities is a very real part of our natural self. There is nothing evil about having psychic abilities. Man was endowed with these sensitive qualities as a way to assist us in making decisions, judgments, avoiding danger, and moving through life with an extra set of skills beyond the normal five senses. In fact, we are employing our natural psychic traits all the time by thinking, day-dreaming, wondering, and having insights or those “Aha” moments.
Psychic abilities manifest in a variety of ways. We may get a feeling about something that gives us information that can be considered an important message from our innermost self. This subtle message can represent something important that is currently going on in our lives that we should be paying attention to. For example, you get the strong feeling someone is thinking about you right at that moment and you hear from them almost immediately. Or, you get a sense something is wrong with someone you care about and when contacting them, you find out they are indeed having difficulties. The level of psychic prowess you may possess depends upon how well you notice experiences in your life that are above and beyond the known five senses.
Certain individuals seem to be aware of a high level of psychic attunement from childhood. Others may feel as though a “psychic switch” has been turned on later in life and intuitively know something new is going on with stepped-up psychic impressions. These traits, whether lifelong or new, may include having premonitions, psychic dreams that turn out to be true, waking visions, strong feelings that ultimately bear out as truth, hearing voices, and a strong knowing about a person, place, or thing previously unknown to them but bears out as being correct later on.
In summary, having strong psychic impressions allows you to have heightened perceptions beyond the physical self of what is going on in and around you. There may be a subtle sense that you wish these silent messages to help you navigate through the complex waters of life. Sadly, many individuals either do not recognize these extra-sensory occurrences for what they really are or choose to ignore them. If you are reading this article, chances are that you do recognize when you are having a psychic experience. Ultimately, this may prompt you to learn more about your own unique set of psychic senses, better understand them, desire to use them on demand, and to what extent you wish to incorporate them into your daily life.
Here is an easy questionnaire that will help you determine if you are highly psychic.
- Are you ultra sensitive to people and events in your life?
- Have you ever had a niggling feeling that something is about to happen to you or others close to you and you find out later your impression was correct?
- Have you ever met with someone and felt an immediate drain and unexplained lethargy or even depression?
- Have you ever visited a location and immediately felt bad vibes about it?
- Have you ever have very vivid dreams that came true?
- Have you had dreams where you actually felt the presence of someone you have lost?
- Have you had a waking vision which seemed so real, you thought you were really there?
- Have you ever had a clear picture flash through your mind that seemed alien to you but made sense later?
- Have you ever felt a strong impression regarding world events that came true?
- Have you ever had a sense that you have lived before?
- Do you sometimes acquire information out of the blue about things you had no prior knowledge of before?
- Do you have things happen to you that you had an intuitive thought about just moments before?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to several of these questions it is very likely that you possess a high level of psychic abilities.