Is Your House Haunted?
If you think you have a home, office, or location that might be haunted, below are some clues. Indicators may be so subtle that at first, you may think that you are imagining them. Yet strange happenings persist and you can no longer deny something strange is going on.
Spirits aka Ghosts, can be intelligent—meaning they can interact in some fashion or residual—meaning they happen over and over but do not react in any way to humans.
It’s no fun when you finally come to the conclusion that spirits are hanging out in your space and frightening family or staff members. Skeptics often scoff at these fears and accounts of hauntings, but we in the paranormal field know that ghosts do indeed exist and may start causing real problems which can no longer be ignored.
1. Unaccountable footsteps, weird music, loud banging, knocking and tapping noises
2. A piano that plays notes or parts of a tune when no one is around it
3. Doors, cabinets, drawers mysteriously opening and closing
4. Electronic equipment such as TVs or radios going on and off even if unplugged
5. Phones or cell phone messages with strange a hoarse whisper, or a voice that seems far away
6. Continual nightmares or visions of scenes or people that have no meaning for you
7. Feeling touches, being watched, or experiencing inexplicable chills or cold spots
8. Breezes going through you cold enough to make your teeth chatter
9. Seeing mists, vapors, or moving light orbs that you know are not your imagination
10. Smelling fecal or rotten odors
11. Noticing unfamiliar perfume, pipe tobacco, or cigarette smoke, etc.
12. Occasionally hearing mysterious voices or mumbled conversations that shouldn’t be present
13. Pets staring into corners or at ceilings for something that isn’t there
14. Pets growling at some unseen menace
15. Overall feeling of oppression or often startled awake from a deep sleep
16. Starting to wake up at the same time every night
17. Noticing shadowy figures dart around out of the corner of your eye
18. Being tripped or pushed when no one else is around
19. Objects being moved around or crashing to the floor for no reason
20. Lights going on or off, light bulbs inexplicably exploding
21. Hearing unaccountable moans or screams and it’s not your kids
22. Seeing an apparition, often transparent, of a partially or fully formed person
23. Beginning to genuinely fear for your safety and the safety of others around you
24. Often feeling dizzy or nauseous with no medical reason behind it
25. Just not wanting to be in your house!
These are only some of the signs of a possible haunting. Maybe you’ve experienced some paranormal events that are not mentioned here.
Keep a Record 0f Strange Events
Some victims keep a journal of paranormal happenings and document them in great detail. If phenomena seems to persist, I highly recommend this! This will help you keep your sanity as well as enable you to describe events to others if it comes to that. However, you will want to make sure first that a child or someone else isn’t pranking you.
Just make sure you annotate the day, time, weather, and anything else including phases of the moon. For example, you hear footsteps coming up the stairs every night and know that no one in your home is causing this, write it down!
If you wish to rid yourself of these spirits, get a qualified paranormal team in your area to come in and investigate. Check their credentials and get testimonials. Teams should not charge an enormous amount of money to investigate. Most groups will investigate for free and only charge travel expenses if at a distance. Be aware of strange people showing up promising to clear a home or business of ghosts for a large sum of money. Make sure they have verifiable credentials and testimonials as well. Or, purchase our How to be a Ghost Hunter Course (below) and learn how to do your OWN investigating.